In the world of Digital Marketing, a common term you may have come across is User Interface aka UI. While most people find it very hard to comprehend, it is quite simple.
UI is the design of the user interface used for websites, applications, and software programmed to facilitate usability and to enhance the user’s experience.
Why is User Interface important in Web Designing?
The user interface is a very important factor in Web Designing as it plays an important role in the user’s decision to stay or leave the website. If your user does not find your website or application attractive, creative, unique or catchy, they might leave, thus affecting the user experience and resulting in loss of potential clients.
UI promotes interactions between the user and the website, which is why a good User Interface can help convert your viewers into potential clients.
A good user interface consists of visual designs, structured information, and interactive designs.
- Creative Visual Designing: Using creative and attractive fonts, colors, and images are considered as effective ways to improve the look of your website without compromising on the content or its function.
- Structured Information: Structuring, labeling, and organizing the information on your website content will make it easier for your users to gain information and help them understand your brand better.
- Interactive Designing: Interactive design studies and identifies the user’s interaction with technology and uses those results to produce a well-thought-off interface. It also gives quick fixes to problems and invents new methods for systems to communicate with users.
How to choose elements for a good User Interface Design?
Most users have fixed perceptions of how an interface should work and behave, that is why your UI needs to be concise, predictable, and consistent.
This is possible only if you have these important elements, they are; buttons/toggles, checkboxes, call to action elements, icons, search field, progress bars, message boxes, notifications, etc.
Good Practices for a Good User Interface Design:
- Use simple interfaces with clear language and avoid unnecessary elements.
- Use purposeful and smart layouts for your pages to draw attention to the important aspects of your website.
- Use common elements that are familiar by users to make them comfortable.
- Increase readability and legibility of content by using the typeface.
- Appropriately use colors and textures to draw user’s attention to important aspects.
What you should NOT do in UI Designing?
- Not making your design user-centric and not considering the problems, preferences, and needs of the users, while designing can render a bad user experience and cause users to leave your website.
- Avoid using excessive animation or decorative effects to optimize your user’s experience.
- Not learning or studying the needs and preferences of your targetted audience can result in bad designing that is not user-centric and that will drive away your potential clients.
- Not exploring other options or surfing the market for creative and innovative ideas will lead to a less attractive website that will impact the User Experience.
In this blog, we have talked about what User Interface is, what are the benefits and what you should and should not implement when designing your interface. However, if you are still uncertain about a few things related to User Interface, fell free to contact us, at AMH Web Studio and we will happily answer all your questions and clear all your doubts